First Middle East and Africa Open Source Software Technology Forum
15-16 June 2010
Ramsis Hilton – CairoOn the occasion of founding the Egyptian Society for Open Source Technology, Concord for Exhibitions and Conferences is pleased to announce The First MEA Open Source Software Technology Forum; 15-16 June, 2010 at Ramsis Hilton – Cairo. The forum shall encompass a 2 full days conference succeeded with a one day – 2 tracks tutorial on Thursday June 17th. The forum is a technology type of event directed to ICT users, service providers and developers. Vendors of tools, applications and remarkable experiences are welcome to present their products, technologies, services and to discuss their success stories as well. The event strives to :
- Define and introduce the Open Source Technologies and its philosophy.
- Discuss the emerged work environment, licensing and copyright.
- Study different applications, tools and success stories.
- Present nontraditional solutions to network and databases security penetration.
- Calculate the cost saving and profit gained through implementing OSS.
- Emphasize the importance of adopting a national policy towards OSS.
The one day – 2 track post conference tutorial program covers training on applying OS technology and tools in Customer Relations Management in one track and Security Assessment & Network Testing in the other track. Attending the training program is optional and out of the conference fee.
An A5 size – 4 colors printed booklet will be handed to all forum delegates where the topics, presentations and speaker biographies are briefed and sponsors are advertised. The final conference schedule as well shall be inserted.
To guarantee the relevance and coherence of the addressed topics, a special committee will review the proposed presentations for approval to be enrolled in the forum schedule. A brief bio of the speaker and a 5 lines short summary about the presentation together with name of the company, title and position of the speaker will appear in the forum booklet.